As I mentioned in « My Music » page. I wanted to share with you my Flavors of the moment in terms of musical tastes. So, in early January 2009, here are the artists that make the list and diligently bust my iPod’s headphones!
- Metallica, Death Magnetic. Since the release on Sept, 12th. This album, that has been awaited for many years, almost haunt me. Aggressive. Brutal. Tight. Excellent sound quality. Unbelievably fast tracks. My favorite: All Nightmare Long.
- Scars on Broadway. This band is led by former System of a Down guitar hero, Daron Malakian. He is is also the lead singer on this album. It was an impulse buying when it was released last summer. Very short songs. Ultra diversified rythms while remaining a rock album. I was disappointed when they cancelled their North American Tour last fall for ambiguous reasons (supposedly lower than expected record sales) but I still listen to it with great pleasure. I great discovery for the hard rock fans.
- Linkin Park, Live in Montreal. Recorded Live in February at the Bell Center in Montreal. Surprising sound quality! Chester is as good as he could be. I can’t understand how he can yell and sing mellow tunes right after and always keep his perfect pitch until the encore.
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida. A very weird album in my opinion. With brass on certain songs and electronic stuff on others. They have put together a great varitey of ambiances. My Favorite: « Yes »
- Creedance Clearwater Revival: I don’t know why. I rediscovered John Fogerty’s aggressive voice when my 3year old son started to dance in the living room on the first chords of Bad Moon Rising a couple of weeks ago. He was playing air guitar like crazy and since then, we keep on listening to that song every night together before going to bed. Fortunate Son still sounds great too.
Feel free to jump in and share here with me your latest musical discoveries. I’ll be more than happy to hear from you.